March 11, 2014
CRST Expedited, Inc. Recognizes 18 Million Mile, Accident-Free Drivers
CRST Expedited, Inc. Recognizes Million Mile, Accident-Free Drivers
18 drivers recognized at banquet for outstanding safety records
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (March 11, 2014) – CRST Expedited, Inc., the largest operating company of CRST International, Inc., recently recognized an additional 18 drivers for completing at least one million miles accident-free. The drivers were presented awards at a Feb. 28 banquet at The Doubletree Hotel in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, home to CRST International’s corporate headquarters.
“We are pleased to recognize these 18 men and women for their achievement,” said Cameron Holzer, CRST Expedited, Inc. President. “Driving at least one million miles accident-free is a significant accomplishment that attests to their dedication to safety. These drivers embody the values and professionalism of CRST.”
The drivers recognized are:
- Hervey Koref, Kettering, Ohio, joined CRST 1983, 3 million miles
- Tim Davis, Oklahoma City, Okla., joined CRST 2003, 2 million miles
- Dale Kennedy, Pine Island, Minn., joined CRST 1997, 2 million miles
- Sherri Lewis, Baltimore, Md., joined CRST 2002, 2 million miles
- Christopher Alva, Riverside, Calif., joined CRST 2001, 1 million miles
- Patrick Carney, Imperial Beach, Calif., joined CRST 2002, 1 million miles
- Peter Coryell, Comstock Park, Mich., joined CRST 2003, 1 million miles
- Carmen Demilto, Avondale-Goodyear, Ariz., joined CRST 2002, 1 million miles
- Raymond Findling Jr., Washington, Pa., joined CRST 2002, 1 million miles
- Bruce Lashley, Aurora, Mo., joined CRST 2001, 1 million miles
- Donnel Lee Jr., Maxton, N.C., joined CRST 2007, 1 million miles
- Roxie Pierce, West Monroe, La., joined CRST 2003, 1 million miles
- Edward Rainwater Jr., Yuma, Ariz., joined CRST 2004, 1 million miles
- Larry Sample, Fountain, Colo., joined CRST 2002, 1 million miles
- David Scott, Kingwood, Texas, joined CRST 2002, 1 million miles
- Robert Torrey, Dubuque, Iowa, joined CRST 2005, 1 million miles
- Sterling Tullock, Union, Mo., joined CRST 2002, 1 million miles
- William Weiner, Marysville, Wash., joined CRST 2001, 1 million miles
Five Lead Drivers from CRST Expedited were also recognized as the most effective trainers in the fleet. The lead drivers recognized for their performance include:
- Robert Benevento, Wilmington, Del.
- Dale Boyd, Olympia, Wash.
- Bobby Roberts, Watervliet, Mich.
- Bobby Savage, Spring Valley, Calif.
- Jeff Williams, Kissimmee, Fla.
According to Chad Brueck, Vice President of Operations, “These five lead drivers were selected on the basis of the accident rates, CSA rates and retention rates of their students as well as their own accident and CSA performance.”
In addition, the company also recognized its Drivers of the Year in three categories. These drivers were selected based on performance criteria including safety and customer service metrics.
The Drivers of Year include:
- Marjorie Fear and James Elliott, New Haven, Ind., Company Drivers of the Year
- Dale Boyd, Olympia, Wash., Lead Driver of the Year
- Anthony and Candy Mullins, Middletown, Ohio, Independent Contractor of the Year
According to the American Trucking Association there are approximately 3 million professional truck drivers in the United States. Most individual long-haul drivers average between 100,000 and 110,000 miles per year.
# # #
CRST International, Inc.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa–based CRST International, Inc. is one of the largest privately-held transportation companies in the United States. Through its seven operating companies, CRST provides a broad array of transportation solutions, including expedited van, flatbed, dedicated services, brokerage, transportation management, high value product white glove moving services and expedited temperature controlled team services. CRST’s operating companies are made up of CRST Expedited, Inc., CRST Malone, Inc., CRST Dedicated Services, Inc., CRST Logistics, Inc., CRST Specialized Transportation, Temperature Controlled Team Service (TCTS) and BESL Transfer Company. For more information, visit www.crst.com or call (800) 736-CRST (2778).
December 05, 2023
5 Tips for Avoiding 5 Accidents
December 01, 2023
CRST Vets Join Mission Veteran Expedition to Vietnam
November 28, 2023
Ring, Ring, Fatigue calling
November 21, 2023