January 17, 2024
CRST Leads Consolidation, Merger and Distribution for Major Medical Device Manufacturer
Before globally produced medical devices can be delivered to North American destinations in hospitals, medical offices and clinics, it must be consolidated, inventoried, and managed through a comprehensive distribution plan.
The customer needed a partner to develop a new solution for merging orders from factories in Europe with U.S. vendor products. Because a complex project like this required a high degree of accuracy with extreme focus on damage prevention, they needed a provider to manage inventory while offering increased visibility throughout the streamlined delivery process.
“These projects are complex and there’s a lot of room for error. Our team’s attention to detail and commitment to delivering superior customer service is a differentiator for CRST.”
Brent Baker, Director, Business Solutions
The Successful Service Strategy
CRST used a multi-pronged approach, providing a solution to increase control and coordination of in transit–merges while implementing a consistent and efficient installation procedure, which included:
- The integration of CRST’s Order Entry system with the client’s ERP system for quick and accurate shipment registration.
- CRST training and documentation to the customer’s operations personnel on its Customer Product Management (CPM) inventory management system to Improve the visibility of inventoried products throughout the process.
- A trained medical fleet responsible for on-time deliveries without damage and in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements and quality performance indexes.
Benefits at a Glance
CRST Distribution Center’s cross-docks and warehouses enabled:
- Reduced needed warehouse facilities from 19 to 7, a 37% reduction, while increasing visibility at every location
- Integrated faster order entry with the manufacturer’s ERP system
- Digitally Inventoried (barcode and scan) individual products into Customer product Management System
- CRST’s specialized fleet and network of distribution centers for Final Mile delivery enabled:
- Time-specific deliveries with required handling equipment to meet install crews
- Documented SOPs for a streamlined installation and delivery process
- Flexible delivery and labor crews trained to execute to manufacturer’s index
“The team proactively worked to streamline the process and reduce costs whenever possible. They kept us informed about the status of our deliveries. We felt confident that our products were in good hands.”
SR. DIRECTOR, Logistics, Global Medical Equipment Manufacturer
At the conclusion of the project, the customer audit revealed several noteworthy results, including:
- Elevated control and coordination with installation crews
- Increased customer satisfaction and damage-free delivery
- Fewer merge facilities for reduced handling and lower costs
Ready To Work With CRST
For nearly 70 years, CRST has provided solutions to keep America’s supply chain moving. We plan to continue that trend for decades to come through unmatched service and delivering on our promises.
Learn how CRST can support your business. Talk with an expert today: CRST Specialized Solutions
February 28, 2024
CRST Recognized as a Carrier of the Year by The Home Depot
February 27, 2024
5 Truck Driver Hacks for Time Management
February 13, 2024