CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Job Summary: The Warehouse Lead is responsible for ensuring that all warehouse functions are completed accurately and on time. This includes preparing packing and shipping documents and ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free from damage. They will oversee that cargo is received, stored, shipped and reported in accordance with established procedures. They may oversee warehouse associates and temporary employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and direct warehouse associates and temporary employees to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operations of the warehouse.
- Load and unload trucks arriving within the warehouse or storage facility.
- Move material within the facility and from the loading platform.
- Use hand trucks, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment.
- Separation of cardboard and foam.
- Material handling may include picking, packing, scanning, kitting, or counting products.
- Adhere to a clean and safe environment at all times.
- Use a barcode scanner and warehouse management system.
- Maintain shipping documentation, manifests, OSHA records and safety inspections, as required.
- Inventory accountability for products.
- When needed, assist staff with loading, unloading, staging products and using powered equipment.
- Completes all assigned tasks in a thorough and workmanlike fashion. This includes timely return of phone calls, emails, and customer, partner and internal inquiries.
- Creates a positive and professional work environment and leads by example.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all company and client information.
- Other duties as dictated by business need and assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail/Quality
- Managing People
- Problem Solving/Reasoning Ability
- Standard – accountability and dependability; adaptability; communication; ethics and integrity; initiative/innovation; interpersonal skills; motivation; organization sensitivity; safety focus; and teamwork
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds while following proper lifting procedures.
- This position may require occasional lifting and/or moving up to 300 pounds using material handling equipment such as a dolly.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures required
- Two or more years of warehouse experience required
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment required
- Ability to lift or move heavy products required
- Forklift Operation Certificate required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.