CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
VP/GM Equipment Solutions
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is seeking a Vice President/General Manager of Equipment Solutions who is a dynamic, multi-task oriented senior executive to lead its fleet maintenance function. The VP/GM is the lead authority on technical maintenance, and equipment specifications including purchase agreements, policies, procedures, and standard repair practices. Makes decisions regarding spend and approval for payment, and equipment acquisition, with a $84 million-dollar operating budget. This role encompasses leadership in all aspects of fleet maintenance: Preventative Maintenance Programs, Vendor Management, Reliability, and Regulatory Compliance throughout the US.
The VP/GM has responsibility for regular scheduled, unscheduled and risk maintenance for approximately 16,000 pieces of equipment within 16 shops. Leads a team of 450 (technicians, breakdown, admin) and continues a culture of building and maintaining strong teams through effective communications and development measures. Oversight of the breakdown department dealing with equipment experiencing issues on the road. Makes decisions regarding spend and approval for payment, with a $84 million-dollar operating budget. Maintains trailer cost-per-mile (CPM) at or better than industry standards. Provides continuous improvements in productivity, quality, and the efficiency of all maintenance operations. Consults with executive staff and operational divisions on equipment replacement needs.
- Lead and guide a team of Regional Maintenance Directors and provide organizational tools necessary to ensure efficient, timely, and quality-driven delivery of maintenance services throughout the enterprise. Provide individual guidance and motivation to staff to enable performance to fullest potential
- Develop and manage maintenance training and preventative maintenance programs in coordination with the training department
- Analyze maintenance processes, make recommendations for action needed and implement new procedures to ensure performance of the maintenance department is efficient and within budget
- Assist with definition of work scopes, soliciting, and analyzing qualified bidders and bids, and negotiation of terms and performance standards for service/maintenance related contracts and national accounts
- Conduct service review meetings with clients, employees, and vendors concerning performance and process improvements
- Develop bid model pricing on proposed business opportunities for facility, vehicle, and staff
- Contracts and negotiates pricing with third party vendors for all parts, tires and supplies
- Scope, bid, and manage annual capital expenditures projects
- Sell-dispose of tractors and trailers retired form fleet due to age and-or condition
- Develop annual operating budgets
- 15+ years working in a multi-location environment and staff management
- 10+ years of Class-8 maintenance management
- Leadership experience within a large fleet and facility environment of 10,000 vehicles
- Solid financial, pricing, and maintenance spend acumen
- Analytics & analysis to develop maintenance practices & procedures (SOP’s)
- Inventory management: parts management, procurement & warranty
- Equipment Acquistion
- Vendor relations and negotiations (onsite & on-the-road)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA (relocation provided)
Experience Preferred (but not required)
- Maintenance software (TMT)
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.