CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Vehicle Reliability Team (VRT) Coordinator
Ready to join one of the biggest and fastest-growing transportation companies in the US?
CRST is looking for a full-time Vehicle Reliability Team (VRT) Coordinator in Cedar Rapids, IA to join our team.
Get ready for an exciting opportunity to be a part of our team!
Job Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday (9:00 AM-8:00 PM) *Please Note: Training lasts 6 weeks from the start date and will be conducted Monday-Friday (7:00 AM-4:00 PM).
Compensation: $18.50/hr. Starting Wages (Paid Bi-Weekly)
Job Location: 3930 16th Ave SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
At CRST, we believe in providing exceptional perks to our valued team members. Here are some of the exciting benefits you can enjoy:
- We believe in the power of referrals, which is why current employees can earn $400 each for successful referrals.
- Enjoy a well-deserved work-life balance with 80 hours of PTO starting from day one, plus an extra free PTO day during your birthday month.
- Your health matters to us, which is why we offer comprehensive major health, vision, and dental insurance options.
- Secure your financial future with our 401(k) plan, including a company match after just one year of employment.
- We support new parents by providing 100% paid leave through our parental leave policy, ensuring a smooth transition into parenthood.
- Embrace the “dress for your day” mantra, tailoring your attire to match each occasion and the people you’ll engage with.
To get in contact with a recruiter, please text McCall Atwater at 319-440-1034 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Vehicle Reliability Team (VRT) Coordinator role goes beyond the norm, delivering exceptional service to our drivers. They oversee equipment breakdowns and manage all mechanical and accident repairs outside of CRST service locations for all our operating groups. It’s an exciting opportunity to provide top-notch customer service and keep our drivers on the road!
- Coordinate with professional driver/operations department to ensure equipment is routed to a service provider for preventative maintenance (PMs) and repairs.
- Monitor the progress of repairs with external service providers, record updates as needed, and complete repair orders in Transman (CRST Equipment Solution’s operating system).
- Answer and coordinate inbound/outbound phone calls.
- Inform CRST Operations daily of equipment status.
- Negotiation of repair and labor costs with external service providers.
- Perform invoice/com check reconciliation.
- Perform other customer service duties and tasks as assigned.
Emotional Intelligence Skills: Mastering emotional intelligence is key to being a top performer at CRST. Here are some of the skills we’re looking for:
- A razor-sharp customer focus to ensure satisfaction.
- Patience when dealing with breakdowns, balanced with a sense of urgency to act.
- A natural talent for troubleshooting.
- A collaborative approach that leverages your strengths as part of a small team.
- A communication style that is positive and engaging.
- A humble attitude that is always ready to lend a hand to fellow team members.
- A burning motivation to make a meaningful impact toward fulfilling CRST’s mission.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements:
No prior experience is necessary to join VRT’s team! We offer comprehensive training programs that cover all the duties and responsibilities of the department.
- To be eligible for this position, a high school diploma or GED is required.
- Successful completion of a CRST background check and drug screen is required.
- An associate degree in a related field is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.