CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Tow Truck Driver
CRST Equipment Solutions is actively seeking a Tow Truck Driver in our Chino, CA shop – Apply today!
Why You Should Pick CRST:
- Competitive Market-Driven Starting Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (PTO, Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, 401K, $400 Referral Bonus & Parental Leave)
- The Latest Shop Tools & Equipment
- Strong Safety Culture
- New Fleet & Collision Mitigation
Job Summary: The Tow Truck Driver will work with our Vehicle Response Team (VRT) to tow equipment from our operations team to the nearest company shop or to a vendor's shop. All assignments will be given to the drivers from our VRT department.
Job Schedule: Sun-Wed (6:00 AM-4:30 PM)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communication with a dispatcher and driving to the scene of an accident or breakdown.
- Connecting broken down vehicles to the tow truck and transporting them back to the shop.
- Use of chains, winch, steering locks, and other devices as well as affixing lights onto the towed vehicle.
- Interact and speak with internal customers about their truck problems, potentially diagnosing the cause and providing necessary assistance.
- Good communication and need to have a basic knowledge of Class 8 trucks and their parts.
- Perform small repairs on the scene of a breakdown such as reconnecting parts, or jumpstarting the truck.
- Write up calls and document it in our onboard computer system.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- 1+ years of experience in relevant fields preferred.
- Ability to use a computer or tablet preferred.
- General mechanical skills relating to Class 8 tractor, trailer, and tire parts preferred.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.