CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Supervisor – Operations
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
We have an opportunity as Supervisor of Operations on our team onsite at International Paper. The Supervisor of Operations is responsible for the supervision of drivers, trailer sweepers, scale house activities, and assigned equipment. You will work closely and coordinate with customer operations to ensure we are hitting load and unload targets, providing superior customer service, and counseling drivers on safety and policy issues and management.
Shift: 1st week: Sunday, Wednesday, & Thursday 1700 – 0500 (12-hour shifts) 36 hours total, 2nd week: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, & Saturday 1700-0500 (12-hour shifts) 48 hours total 3rd week: repeat 1st week, 4th week: repeat 2nd week
- Lead a staff of office individuals (Scale house and Trailer Sweepers) and up to 14 drivers to ensure high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability.
- Perform all aspects of dedicated customer service, including targets set by the customer to reach production in shipping and receiving.
- Manage daily planning of equipment and drivers while ensuring high utilization.
- Act as liaison between the customer, drivers, and internal departments.
- Develop relationships with drivers to improve driver performance and encourage retention.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Help create and manage customized Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to help ensure goal attainment.
Experience, Qualifications, Education:
- 2-3+ years’ experience in the transportation industry and/or management experience preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED
Did you know?
CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for its strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.