CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Supervisor – NADTA Permit Schools
The Supervisor – NADTA Permit Schools is responsible for direct supervision of the Commercial Learner’s Permit Training and specialized training schools, and administrative support for all contract schools. As the program leader, the Supervisor will be responsible for the effective and efficient training of students through online and in-class training programs. Supervisor will ensure student harmony and address any performance or behavioral issues with coaching and/or dismissal from the program, as necessary. Supervisor will regularly review the training curricula for improvement. Supervisor must be comfortable with making decisions without direct supervision or presence of leadership. Supervisor is responsible for increasing the hire rate of the permit students and for maintaining or reducing the cost per hire year over year. Supervisor is responsible for tracking and reporting student information for all contracted CDL schools.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Provide daily supervision of staff instructors and act as point of escalation for issues.
- Responsible for cost effective use of resources utilized in for the training program including curricula, technology, facilities, equipment, supplies, transportation, meals, and lodging.
- Provide ongoing coaching to instructors and students to improve individual performance and professionalism.
- Resolve student performance and behavior issues though coaching and dismissal from the program if necessary.
- Communicate with Director – Contract Schools and Capacity Development staff on the needs of the individual students.
- Assess and evaluate needs for developing and implementing improved training materials and methods. Make continuous improvement a weekly focus.
- Collaborate with Manager and staff to develop and manage key performance indicators.
- Maintain working knowledge of all DOT and FMCSA regulations and training techniques to ensure students are taught the most accurate information and best practices available.
- Data analytics and tracking for contract schools. CPL and CDL school projection monitoring, tracking of school issues, certificates of completion and collections support.
- Occasional travel to remote locations (approx. twice per year)
- 2-3+ years experience in the transportation industry
- Hight School Diploma or GED
- AA or BA in a relevant field (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.