CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Senior Software Engineer
We are building something unique, and we want to add Software Engineers who are designing, creating, and solving business problems.
Over the next few years, CRST The Transportation Solution will be implementing significant enterprise-wide system and software upgrades. In support of this initiative and building a solution for our future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team. The team is looking for someone who sits or is willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
Does this sound like you?
A learner who wants to expand their skill sets.
Passionate technologist focused on digital innovation and new technologies.
Eager to build new products and experiment.
Team Worker who is curious and collaborative.
A professional who is comfortable working independently and within a global team – Onshore/ offshore.
Of course, it sounds like you.
Putting those traits to use…
It all begins with accurate requirements. So first, you will work with the customer and business users to gather requirements. While working in an agile and lean environment, you will create technical documentation based on business requirements and write code based on technical specifications. Develop and execute test cases to validate that software solutions meet the business requirements. Troubleshoot software-related issues and provide solutions while participating in code reviews.
You will be responsible for building custom front-end web applications for internal and external users. You will also utilize java development for building REST APIs into our back-end systems with the ability to design API and Integration patterns including API, messaging, and batch processing models.
Continuous Delivery practices will be leveraged such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
The successful developer will have a variety of skills including web development responsible for building custom front end web applications for internal and external users, and java development for building out REST APIs into our back-end systems. Our ideal candidates will love to learn and expand their skill sets, have a passion for digital innovation and new technologies, build new products, and experiment with ways to improve our development processes and pipelines.
- Work with the business users to gather requirements.
- Create technical documentation based on business requirements.
- Write code based on technical specifications.
- Develop and execute test cases to validate that software solutions meet the business requirements.
- Troubleshoot software related issues and provide solutions.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Provide on call support for software applications.
Work Location: This is a remote position.
Role Requirements for each Level:
Senior Software Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of software design and build experience across the full stack of software layers including Web/ CX development, API, App Security, Data security,
- Experience with new feature design and development, standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Experience with technology includes Java (J2EE), Spring, JUnit, Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, Angular JS/Angular 2, Android, or iOS, API/Web Services/ Microservices development
- Experience in Agile, TDD based project execution utilizing tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Exposure to Cloud Native development, Azure / AWS / GCP
Principal Software Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline
- Over 8+ years of experience in web application development, including analyzing stories, writing code, implementing automated tests, contributing to release and iteration planning, and developing the working practice
- Over 8+ years of API development experience with deep experience to microservices architecture, Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Open API specifications, Rest JSON API development
- Over 4+ years of Angular, SQL, TypeScript, CSS and integrating front-end applications with RESTful Middle-Tier Applications
- Demonstrable experience in developing enterprise-class applications using Java, Angular and SQL/Databases, Middleware
- CI/CD exposure – Jenkins, Test Automation Sonar, Docker, Kubernetes
- Exposure to cloud platforms – AWS/Azure
- Exposure to middleware patterns (MQ/JMS), orchestration
H1B Visa Sponsorship will be considered.
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA but our influence is nationwide. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
Benefits: Our benefits are designed with employees in mind. CRST offers competitive pay; major medical insurance, dental, vision, and a wellness plan; paid time off; 401(k); life insurance; and short-term disability.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.