CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Senior Project Manager
Over the next few years, CRST The Transportation Solution will be implementing significant enterprise wide system and software upgrades. In support of this project, and of future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team, located in Cedar Rapids, IA or Atlanta, GA. We are seeking new IT skills and resources in the areas of help desk technicians, project managers, business process analyst, application administration and software development. It is an exciting time to join an organization who is investing heavily into the future, come and be a part of something big!
Plesae note that this role is a Hybrid role that allows for work from home with the expectation of being onsite for critical meetings located in Buffalo, NY
The Senior Project Manager will successfully lead the planning, execution and delivery of medium/large projects based on the defined CRST IT PMO Project Delivery Lifecycle.
- Leads projects of medium to large size and/or high complexity, and/or multiple projects of mixed complexity levels and sizes
- Responsible for achieving project objectives and completion on time, on budget, and in conformance to PMO methodologies
- Develops project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develops a detailed project plan with critical path to track progress and effectively manage to delivery
- Effectively performs risk and issue management activities to ensure successful delivery
- Leads project meetings and cultivates relationships with project team members to create an open, transparent environment
- Effectively manages to scope and leverages proper Change Management practices to handle any changes to scope, schedule or cost
- Ensure resource availability and allocation both internally and with 3rd party vendors
- Solicits input from technical resources assigned to their project team(s) and facilitates technology problem-solving activities
- Makes judgments and takes reasonable action required to accomplish agreed to project objectives under general guidance
- Properly identifies and escalates key issues to management in a timely manner
- Manages multiple competing objectives and communicates complex technical information in clear and unambiguous terms
- Effectively communicates project status in meetings and status reporting, effectively tailoring communication to various audiences
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding departmental project management practices, methods and standards
- Bachelor's Degree (business or technical field preferred)
- 5 years experience managing projects involving multiple technology environments and/or business areas that IT supports
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and determine effective business and alternative solutions
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to advance projects while managing multiple initiatives
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage a variety of business and vendor resources
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.