CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Senior Data Engineer
We are building something unique, and we want to add Software Engineers who are designing, creating, and solving business problems.
Over the next few years, CRST The Transportation Solution will be implementing the significant enterprise-wide system and software upgrades. In support of this initiative and building a solution for our future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team.
Does this sound like you?
A learner who wants to expand their skill sets.
Passionate technologist focused on digital innovation and new technologies.
Eager to build new products and experiment.
Team Worker who is curious and collaborative.
A professional who is comfortable working independently, as well as within a global team – Onshore/ offshore.
Of course, it sounds like you.
Putting those traits to use…
Expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, software architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Work Location: This is a remote position.
- Build and maintain data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data systems into enterprise data systems
- Architect, implement, and maintain infrastructure for the enterprise data lake and warehouse
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Bachelor’s degree from a quantitative field (Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering, etc.)
- 4+ years working as a Data Engineer / Software Engineer
- Experienced in collecting and manipulating both relational and non-relational data in various systems including databases and web APIs
- Experience with the following – SQL/No-SQL, Python, MS/BI,
- Apache Airflow, Apache Spark (PySpark), Apache Presto, Apache Hive, Apache Ranger, Apache Atlas, Apache Hue, Kubernetes
- Experienced with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience establishing and maintaining big data infrastructure within a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Continuous deployment and continuous integration
- Experience with processing near real time data
- Experience with data profiling and data governance
- Exposure to Cloud Native databases, Azure / AWS / GCP
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA but our influence is nationwide. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
Benefits: Our benefits are designed with employees in mind. CRST offers competitive pay; major medical insurance, dental, vision, and a wellness plan; paid time off; 401(k); life insurance; and short-term disability.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.