CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Senior Data and BI Analyst
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest privately held transportation companies. We tailor each solution to our clients’ unique needs and focus on delivering superior service. We provide a broad array of transportation and logistics solutions. From coast-to-coast and throughout North America, CRST provides total transportation solutions and comprehensive logistics services for various industries. Our customer service goes above and beyond to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations earning us numerous awards and the respect of an entire industry.
Our people and our culture are the driving force behind CRST’s success. With a shared dedication to excellence and a strong sense of camaraderie, we forge ahead into the future, embracing technology, and innovation and staying true to our time-honored traditions. Join us on our journey as we continue to shape the future of trucking with our unwavering commitment to our people, our customers, and our legacy of excellence.
Job Summary: As a Senior Data & BI Analyst, you will Lead the business requirements, map data sources, analyze, and identify gaps and transformation needs. Our Data and BI Analysts also design and drive data solutions and adoption and meet the data needs, models, reports, and dashboards. As a Senior level analyst, you will also lead the team, and be a mentor to other analysts.
- Understanding your business stakeholder’s objectives, the metrics that are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance
- Responsible for creating reports from summary data with actionable items to track performance and support decision-making that impact the business.
- Develop ad hoc reporting utilizing various tools such as SQL, Microsoft Office (Excel), Power BI, and similar tools
- Develops and automates reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights
- Act as the subject matter expert of business data, database structures, and business rules
- Drive best practices in displaying large datasets visually and effectively
- Meet with internal customers to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Find and understand the correct data sources for a given analysis
- Create technical documentation for ad hoc reporting and data requests on an as-needed basis
- Coordinate code reviews with data analysts/developers to ensure the quality of data
- Train business users on report usage and interpretation
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in report development, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable role
- Proven ability to help guide customers in refining data and reporting needs
- Ability to facilitate information and requirements-gathering sessions
- Ability to write and troubleshoot new and existing SQL queries
- Expertise with Microsoft business intelligence tools, techniques, and technologies (SSRS, PowerBI)
- Advanced experience working with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Superior Excel Skills
- Experience with SSAS a plus
- Experience working with a star-schema data warehouse
- Working knowledge or ability to learn Python, SSIS, and/or other ETL-related environments
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure and Data Lake technologies a plus
- Work experience in the transportation industry is a plus
#LI-Remote (this position is not eligible for hire in CA, CO, NY, or WA)
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.