CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Senior Computer Operator
Over the next few years, CRST The Transportation Solution will be implementing the significant enterprise-wide system and software upgrades. In support of this project, and of future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team, located in Cedar Rapids, Atlanta, Fort Wayne, and Buffalo. We are seeking new IT skills and resources in the areas of help desk technicians, project managers, business process analyst, application administration, and software development. It is an exciting time to join an organization that is investing heavily in the future, come and be a part of something big!
Role Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana – we will cover your relocation!
Our company is in need of a talented and focused Senior Computer Operator to monitor and control our computer systems. Since we’re currently expanding, we need a strong candidate who is excited about the opportunity to manage and improve the performance of an increasingly extensive network. Applicants should be ready to troubleshoot hardware and software problems quickly. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to analyze system problems from a variety of angles in order to find the root cause and fix it quickly. The Computer Operator should also have great verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to learn everything about our computer system.
The Senior Computer Operator monitors the automated batch scheduler for new and changed events. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma or associate degree (technical field preferred).
- Prior experience as a Computer operator (preferred 5+ years).
- Ability to collaborate with the software development team.
- Ability to provide support to internal users on a variety of topics that includes User setup in the active directory, and scheduled jobs that run in Control-M (preferably).
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of jobs, and their dependencies.
- Mature, self-motivated, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving/analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and be willing to follow directions and best practices.
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for its strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.