CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
CRST the Transportation Solutions, Inc. is looking to add a talented Safety Supervisor to join our growing organization in Vestavia, AL.
Job Summary: CRST’s Flatbed Solutions division hauls freight on flatbed trailers. We specialize in hauling metal and construction products, machinery, and over-dimensional and overweight freight. This important service is an important part of CRST’s driving solutions.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
What you will gain: Our internal practices support the development of career paths, and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. We also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a complete benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance which all begin after your first 60 days of employment.
- Provide feedback to the Safety Manager- Compliance with the performance of the Safety Administrator team.
- Demonstrate values for safety and leadership to contractors in both personal and professional lives
- Answer questions from and address the problems of contractors
- Ensure all driver’s HOS are compliant, contact contractors with HOS issues, and explain the issues to the contractors and what the next steps are for their future success at CRST
- Contact all contractors that have been assigned a DDC and explain why they have been assigned the DDC, when the DDC is expected to be completed and what the next steps are for their future success at CRST
- Communicate DDC conversations to Operations and Agents to ensure contractors stay in compliance
- Monitor all HAZMAT certifications for both new contractors and existing contractors, assuring that both DOT and company requirements are met before a HAZMAT load is dispatched and that an unqualified contractor is transporting no HAZMAT loads
- Assist Safety Supervisors in the process of new applicants during orientation
- Assist with maintaining complete DQFs for both new and existing contractors
- Assist with ensuring compliance with DOT medical requirements, random drug and alcohol programs, physicals, CDL renewals, and annual reviews
- Act as safety liaison between Contractors, Training, Recruiting, Operations, and Agents
- Complete various tasks as assigned
- Previous experience in a related field required
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Degree and certification in a related field preferred
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA, but has nationwide locations. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.