CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
CRST the Transportation Solutions, Inc. is looking to add a talented Safety Coordinator to join our growing organization in Vestavia, AL.
Job Summary: CRST’s Flatbed Solutions division hauls freight on flatbed trailers. We specialize in hauling metal and construction products, machinery, and over-dimensional and overweight freight. This important service is an important part of CRST’s driving solutions. The Safety Coordinator works with Operations, Maintenance, and Compliance to ensure all DOT and compliance paperwork is completed and returned from drivers. Acts as a liaison to Operations, Safety, Compliance, and Maintenance.
What you will gain: Our internal practices support the development of career paths, and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. We also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a complete benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance which all begin after your first 60 days of employment.
- Ensure the contractor operates legally (to include proper permitting and timeliness/accuracy of logs (to include EOBRs).
- Assist contractors with maintenance and safety compliance issues timely and professional.
- Work closely with safety and maintenance to significantly reduce stop dispatch and maintenance downtime.
- Collect all necessary information to ensure each division is compliant with meeting all Federal & Company Regulations relative to Roadside Violations, Annual DOT Inspections, Maintenance Recaps & DVIRs.
- Update & maintain document tracking spreadsheets for reporting purposes.
- Follow up on DVIRs to ensure all noted defects are appropriately repaired.
- Apply/remove equipment stops as needed.
- Assist the Equipment Manager in getting new drivers assigned to their trucks and trailers.
- Follow up on new drivers en route to their equipment.
- Work with the equipment manager to reseat drivers as needed.
- Maintain company compliance with all DOT, federal, and state laws.
- Administer drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Manage carrier profile and corrective actions for OOS violators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED required
- 2-3+ years of experience in the transportation industry required
- AA or BA in relevant field preferred
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA, but has nationwide locations. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.