CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Principal IT Security Engineer
Powered by the expertise of our Solutions Centers, CRST provides a broad array of transportation and logistics solutions. Our IT team supports both end users in the office and drivers out on the road to optimize their experience with CRST. As a team, we are committed to company-wide growth and the development of new, innovative products. Join our team today and make a difference every day.
As a Principal IT Security Engineer, you’ll be helping in the protection of Team CRST and finding ways to improve the security of our drivers, agents, and driver support teams across the country. CRST Principal IT Security Engineers play a critical role in ensuring we deliver our promises and drive success.
Job Summary: The Principal Information Technology (IT) Security Engineer’s role is to help safeguard the organization’s computer networks and systems, including carrying out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. The Principal IT Security Engineer will work as part of a larger IT security team and report to the Information Security Officer.
Location: This position is Hybrid in Cedar Rapids, IA, and the surrounding area
- Designing, Implementing, and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
- Manage and ensure the installation of security tools on endpoints and continue to assess the effectiveness of the tools.
- Develop process improvements to improve security baselines
- Manage and monitor alert queues from security technologies and escalate to support teams as needed
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Prepare detailed written reports on security incidents
- Prepare written and verbal reports for senior management
- Ensure that the management knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifying Skills and Experiences:
- BA or BS in a business or technology discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within various functions in information technology and business
- IT project experience
- Prior IT system configuration, development, and analysis experience
- Experience with Information Security practices
- Prior experience in working with IT systems or development
- Ability to interact with high levels of leadership
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including weekend/evening hours.
- Active Listening skills
- Ability to react to the constant changes within cyber security
- Desire to learn
- CISSP preferred
- Additional security certifications are a plus
- Previous Leadership or Team Lead experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.