CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Part-time CDL Instructor
CRST the Transportation Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Part-time CDL Instructor to join our growing organization in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Starting Wage: $23.50/hour
Hours: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. 7:00 am to 6:00 pm 30 hours per week with full-time benefits!
As the nation’s largest team carrier, CRST trains thousands of new drivers every year—and we do it better than anyone else. Students can earn a CDL A license through our training facility in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, or through the independent driver training schools, we partner with across the country. Classes start weekly and last two to four weeks.
The CDL Instructor will conduct entry-level Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) road and yard training. Promote students with successful attainment of employment upon graduation. Instruct defensive driving techniques and educate students on the safe and professional operation of a Class A Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal and State regulations. Assess individual’s ability to demonstrate the necessary skills including knowledge of pre-trip inspections, Smith System, and road and backing skills.
What you will gain: Our internal practices support the development of career paths, and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. We also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a full benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance which all begin after your first 60 days of employment.
- Provide hands-on instruction in the safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- Provide safety oversight throughout all training evaluations in accordance with course curriculum and company safety policy
- Master training requirements, compliance standards, and company policies to improve the processes and better facilitate training needs as directed by the NADTA Manager
- Provide management of students in field training environments
- Coordinate the use of equipment resources and training with other North American Driver Training Academy (NADTA) Instructors
- Ensure all NADTA training skills and criteria are assessed and scores are properly recorded for each individual
- Observe, mentor, and make recommendations respective to individual training and developmental needs
- Evaluate students individually on their operational skills and assess their progress during each training evaluation according to the course curriculum
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues and adherence to DOT and company regulations
- Train students in areas of weakness through constructive feedback and adult learning processes
- A High School diploma or GED required
- 2 years of Class A experience required.
- 5 years (preferred) of training or teaching experience or a combination of driving and training experience.
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA but has locations across the nation. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.