CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Mobile Service Mechanic
Join one of the largest and fastest-growing, privately owned transportation companies in the US.
CRST is seeking a full-time Mobile Service Mechanic in Olympia, WA to join us.
Job Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00 AM-4:30 PM)
Compensation: Starting Wages $31.60-$36.63/hr. (Paid Bi-Weekly) *A final offer amount is dependent on factors including prior relevant experience, knowledge, and location. Typically, selected candidates are hired at a rate between the minimum and midpoint of the range. For roles that are commission or bonus eligible, your recruiter can share more details regarding the specifics for these positions.
Our team enjoys the following perks:
- $2,400/Year Shift Differential For 2nd & 3rd Shifts
- $100 Yearly Boot Allowance
- $300 Yearly Tool Reimbursement
- Company-Paid Tool Insurance
- Apprentice & Transitioning Military Toolbox Program Valued At $4,000
- New Hires + Current Employees Get $1,500 Each for Referrals
- Uniform Laundry Services
To get in contact with a recruiter, please text McCall Atwater at 319-440-1034 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Mobile Diesel Mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance procedures and minor repairs on Class 8 tractors and trailers with little to no supervision.
- Establish daily workload to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Coordinate and manage vendor activities in the yard for multiple vendors.
- Provide ongoing customer management as the main point of contact for the customer.
- Enforce shop procedures and guidelines.
- Provide oversight, direction, feedback, work assignments, and technical support to drivers and end-users.
- Provide customer support for drivers while ensuring a great experience.
- Communicate status and needs with the Operations team.
- Provide continuous updates on issues that may impact the Operations team.
- Provide oversight to ensure the quality of work and that all maintenance and safety procedures are being followed.
- Ensure safety, organization of work areas, and cleanliness of equipment and tools.
- Focus on continual process improvement.
- Coordinate performance of required maintenance and preventative maintenance services on fleet tractor-trailers as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Maintain written repair orders to include labor hours, parts used, and general comments.
- Complete written preventative maintenance inspection forms.
- Ensure lot checks are performed to verify equipment condition, identify potential OOS items, and verify load status.
- Operate Class 8 vehicles in yard conditions and move fleet equipment safely around the yard and into/out of the service facility.
- Maintain maintenance reference manual to include job codes, standard operating procedures, and service bulletins issued by CRST.
- Successful completion of CRST background check, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) evaluation.
- Possession of a valid CDL-B license or ability to obtain one within 6 months of employment. CRST provides reimbursement for associated costs and a test vehicle.
- Minimum tool requirement.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2+ years of experience as a Class 8 technician.
- Proficiency in general mechanical skills related to Class 8 tractors and trailers.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.