CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Manager – Safety
CRST The Transportation Solutions, Inc. is searching for a passionate and driven Manager-Safety to lead our Flatbed Solutions division in Birmingham, AL.
Job Summary: At CRST, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional transportation solutions, and our Flatbed Solutions division is no exception. Our team specializes in hauling construction products, machinery, and a variety of other over-dimensional and overweight freight. As our Manager-Safety, you will play a pivotal role in directing and leading the development of overall safety and compliance initiatives for this important service.
As the Manager-Safety, you will have the opportunity to:
- Direct leadership and management of safety, compliance, and training personnel.
- Support our corporate safety mission through daily management of safety processes and personnel.
- Develop and implement safety management controls for the conduct of all employees, independent contractors, and agents consistent with regulations and best practices relating to motor carrier safety and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Develop and lead programs to reduce accident and cargo damage frequency and severity.
- Develop, implement, and monitor audit procedures for qualified independent contractors’ records of duty status.
- Coordinate with Operations on the disposition of independent contractors involved in accidents, violations, or other safety issues requiring review.
- Lead committees for root cause analyses (RCAs), safety standards, and policy reviews.
- Elevate safety awareness in the company, serving as a technical resource on compliance questions and as a speaker/participant in interdepartmental, operational, and business partner meetings.
- Issue written and verbal guidance and updates to key stakeholders.
- Identify and implement synergies to standardize processes and improve efficiency.
- Travel as required; up to 20%.
- Ensure quality and productivity goals are met.
- Manage and communicate the daily and long-term objectives that apply to the department.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A High School diploma or GED.
- 2-3+ years of experience in the transportation industry.
- An AA or BA in a relevant field is preferred.
- A CDS certification as a Certified Director of Safety is preferred.
Our company culture is centered around supporting the development of career paths and promoting from within. With a network of divisions and locations across the country, the potential for growth is limitless. Join our team and help us maintain our commitment to safety and excellence!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.