CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Manager – Safety
CRST The Transportation Solutions, Inc. is looking to add a talented Manager-Safety to our growing organization in Birmingham, AL.
Job Summary: CRST’s Flatbed Solutions division hauls freight on flatbed trailers. We specialize in hauling metal and construction products, machinery, and over-dimensional and overweight freight. This important service is an important part of CRST’s driving solutions.
The Manager – Safety is responsible for directing and leading the development of overall safety and compliance initiatives for Flatbed Solutions.
What you will gain: Our internal practices support the development of career paths, and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. We also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a full benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance which all begin after your first 60 days of employment.
- Direct leadership and management of safety, compliance, and training personnel.
- Support corporate safety mission through daily management of safety processes and personnel.
- Develop and implement safety management controls for the conduct of all employees, independent contractors, and agents consistent with regulations and best practices relating to motor carrier safety and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Develop and lead programs to reduce accident and cargo damage frequency and severity.
- Develop, implement, and monitor audit procedures for qualified independent contractors’ records of duty status.
- Coordinate with Operations on the disposition of independent contractors involved in accidents, violations, or other safety issues requiring review.
- Lead committees for root cause analyses (RCAs), safety standards, and policy reviews.
- Elevate safety awareness in the company, serving as a technical resource on compliance questions and as a speaker/participant in interdepartmental, operational, and business partner meetings.
- Issues written and verbal guidance and updates to key stakeholders.
- Identify and implement synergies to standardize processes and improve efficiency.
- Travel as required; up to 20%.
- Ensures quality and productivity goals are met.
- Manages and communicates the daily and long-term objectives that apply to the department.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 2-3+ years experience in the transportation industry required
- AA or BA in a relevant field preferred
- CDS – Certified Director of Safety preferred
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA but has locations across the nation. Our midwestern hometown is known for its strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.