CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Manager of Payroll and Tax
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
Division Overview: Our Human Resources department serves all CRST companies—nationwide. HR focus areas include employee relations, corporate recruiting, employee payroll, leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and benefits. The HR team offers the resources CRST employees need to thrive.
The Manager – Payroll & Tax serves as the leader of the Payroll Team that processes payroll for 2200+ employees within CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.
- Management of Payroll Team that processes Non-Driver biweekly Payroll for CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. and subsidiaries located in USA and Canada (approximately 2200 employees).
- Management of Payroll taxes for Non-Drivers and Drivers (Federal, FICA, Futa, State, & local) that includes: Balancing, Notices, Power of attorney (POA) Process, Account Set ups, Account Closures, and correspond with state & local tax agencies.
- Analyzes and resonds to complex matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of payroll policies and procedures
- Quareterly and Annually, reconcile tax data from the payroll system (Kronos) and ADP tax system.
- Generate and file all employee W2s within ADPtax system.
- Enter and update account numbers, unemployment rates, and deposit frequencies in both the payroll and ADP tax system
- Remain current on latest developments as they affect tax regulations and policies.
- Generates and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) as they pertain to payroll & tax related functions.
- Assit with employment related state tax credit opportunities.
- Responsible for 401(k) annual audit with outside auditor and 401(k) provider
- Complete and/or assist with other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Experience:
- 5+ years payroll experience
- CPP certification
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
TO APPLY EMAIL RESUME TO ECHASE@CRST.COM
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.