CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Manager – Driver Safety Support
CRST the Transportation Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Manager – Driver Safety Support to join our growing organization in Chino, CA.
Job Summary: Safety is at the core of everything we do at CRST. Our Safety team is focused on creating a safe workplace through awareness, accident prevention, compliance, and training. From our new hire orientation to recurring training, safety is vital to our success.
The Manager – Driver Safety Support is responsible for leading a department that provides safety support and coaching for CRST drivers, contractors, and driver support staff. The Driver Safety Support Department comprises coaches and supervisors who serve as a direct point of contact for 24/7 safety support. This role will serve as a critical decision-maker for continued enterprise efforts in building and maintaining a world-class safety culture. This role will ensure that the Driver Safety Support Department effectively advises drivers and driver support staff on compliance questions, accident and injury intake, and current road and weather conditions.
What you will gain: Our internal practices support the development of career paths, and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. We also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a full benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance which all begin after your first 60 days of employment.
- Lead a team that:
- Effectively coaches and mentors drivers on behaviors that need to be corrected and encouraged while operating a commercial motor vehicle or performing other duties.
- Develops relationships with drivers, contractors, and driver support staff to develop improved safety performance and encourage retention.
- Reviews incoming video events from onboard safety technology to use with effective coaching.
- Stay current on effective coaching techniques and understands the data used to measure results.
- Ensure continuous improvement methodologies are used to remove waste.
- Manage relationships with current vendors and research new partnerships.
- Ensure professional development opportunities are provided for staff.
- Performance management of department members including career progression.
- Provide guidance on compliance inquiries and ensure understanding and adherence by the requestor.
- Provide strategic analysis and root cause investigation findings in support of accident and injury investigations.
- Accurately enter information into a database.
- Process inbound and outbound calls and messages.
- Other duties as assigned by department management in accordance with company needs.
- Up to 15% travel involved
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 2-3+ years of experience in the transportation industry required
- AA or BA in a relevant field required
- Certification in relevant field: CSP or CDS preferred
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA, but has nationwide locations. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.