CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Manager – Capacity Operations (Power Only)
As a member of Team CRST, you have the opportunity each day to Deliver Promises and Drive Success for our customers, carriers, and team. As the Manager of Capacity Operations (Power Only), you are responsible for assembling a team of Capacity Representatives that will be focused on growing the Power Only business. Each Capacity Representative will own a region of the country in which they develop and grow carrier relationships, learn, and stay informed on market conditions, and ensure that CRST customer freight is shipped and delivered on time with top quality carriers with attention to service. As the Manager, you are accountable for the success of the Capacity Executives, establishing new growth markets, and working closely with the sales and equipment organizations to build and execute a high-quality solution to CRST customers.
- Lead your team to cover all freight assigned to their regions, communicate the status of their shipments for pickup, in transit, and delivery, and ensure all carrier charges are updated timely and accurately for customer invoicing and carrier payment.
- Stay closely in tune with freight market trends to lead your team in adapting and quickly identify if your team is purchasing transportation in alignment with current costs and market factors.
- Build trust and rapport with a wide range of stakeholders including, but not limited to; your direct team, key internal stakeholders (peers, marketing, sales, finance, HR, leadership, etc.), key customer contacts, and key carrier contacts (drivers, dispatchers, owners, etc.).
- Grow profitably by managing the P&L for the scope of business you oversee. You will have autonomy in scaling the business, leveraging appropriate technology, seeking training programs, and oversight of workforce planning and compensation.
- Continuously improve and develop employees by establishing and managing to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that will drive the behaviors of your team. Ensure that your team knows what a good day/week/month looks like and lead them to manage their day-to-day to those expectations. Communicate performance against KPIs through daily dashboard reports and recurring 1×1 meetings with direct reports.
- Have the ability to travel to customer locations when necessary, though travel will be limited Guides and trains employees
- Develops, maintains, and executes department policies that affect other areas
- Writes appraisals, hires, fires, and disciplines, with management approval.
- Ensures quality and productivity goals are met.
- Proven track record of successful performance
- Leads with integrity and operates with a moral compass
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and is loyal · Has aspirations for future success
- Commands a professional presence
- Drives for results with an appropriate level of urgency
- Maximizes relationships, fosters collaboration and builds trust
- Communicates effectively – speaks with impact, listens and writes effectively
- Develops self through continuous learning
- 6-12+ months experience in relevant field (Preferred)
- HS Diploma or GED (Required)
- AA or BA in relevant field (Preferred)
- Supervisory experience (Required)
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.