CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Manager – Applications Administration and Support Services
The Manager of Applications Administration and Support Services (MAASS) will manage, direct, and support deployment, maintenance, and other IT Services relating to the custom & COTS applications used by the CRST Enterprise.
- Partners with project managers on the delivery of projects by ensuring they have the necessary resources and information to successfully plan and execute
- Oversees the milestones and deliverables for the projects assigned to the team members, working to resolve technical issues and provides guidance and coaching to ensure successful delivery
- Hires and trains members of the Applications Administration and Support Services (MAASS) team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Directs, oversees, and assists with the selection, implementation, and installation of software applications used by the enterprise as needed.
- Provides guidance and consultation on application support, development, and related services to the team and other departments, which may include reviewing system documentation, feasibility, design, testing, implementation, and incident resolution.
- Coordinates the resources needed to meet customer and/or business objectives related to software applications through non-project activities.
- Assesses hardware/software systems, applications, and processes to influence a larger information systems (IS) strategy.
- Analyzes cost, provides inputs, and adheres to departmental budget.
- Ensures technical support to end users through communication, training, and troubleshooting
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure that IT Services are meeting or exceeding the User / Business expectations.
- Plans and enables the deployment of new enterprise software applications releases with stakeholders
- Creates reports/metrics on performance metrics in order to identify opportunities for improvement
MAASS Job Requirements:
The following are some of the requirements for obtaining a position as an application support manager:
Education: MAASS will have at least 8 years of experience of which 2 or more years in a similar leadership role with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or computer engineering or another closely related field or have a two-year associate degree or four-year bachelor’s degree with a concentration in information technology.
MAASS needs the following skills in order to be successful:
Technical skills: This can include knowledge of software applications used in the transportation industry, databases & development environments such as SQL, operating systems, and other software. It can also include the ability to troubleshoot and repair technology.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to be successful in this role. As a support manager, MAASS will be required to communicate with internal customers, colleagues, senior leadership, and other support staff in a highly matrixed organization.
Planning Skills: The ability to effectively plan and support project activities for the team, manage capacity, resolve issues, and ensure deadlines are met in support of our business priorities is critical.
Leadership Skills: Strong leadership skills, both internally in support of the team as well as externally to the rest of the organization are required to be successful. MAASS will be required to provide a clear direction for the team, effectively sets priorities, and provides support in the resolution of issues to ensure delivery against objectives.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.