CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
IT Business Analyst II
Over the next five years, CRST International, Inc. will be implementing significant enterprise-wide system and software upgrades. In support of this project, and of future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team, located in either Cedar Rapids, IA, Atlanta, GA, or Ft. Wayne, IN. We are seeking new IT skills and resources in the areas of business process analyst, 3rd party software administration and software development. It is an exciting time to join an organization who is investing heavily into the future, come and be a part of something big!
A business process is a set of logically related tasks to achieve a defined business outcome. Business process reengineering (BPR) is the practice of rethinking and redesigning the way work is done (business processes) to improve service delivery and/or reduce costs. The Business Process Analyst II will work on a project team to decompose and document current business processes for the financial areas of our business. They will evaluate the effectiveness and necessity of those processes, and define a new set of processes to deliver the required business outcomes using updated business systems. This work depends upon understanding the processes, their purpose, and the software tools used to implement the process. This position is the subject matter expert on business processes and the implementation of them in 3rd party IT solutions at CRST.
- Collaborate with business unit subject matter experts to define business processes and process flows. Gather information by interviewing people who perform the business processes, customers, vendors and others involved in the process
- Analysis, design and optimization (re-engineering) of workflows and business processes within an organization's core business processes with the aim of achieving dramatic improvements in critical performance measures, such as cost, quality, service, and speed to market
- Design and optimization of workflows and business processes to translate into business requirements for software projects
- Re-structuring and streamlining activities, removal of non-value added tasks
- Create and document software requirements for enhancements to support business process enhancements
- Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics and the performance of business processes
- Establish customer relationship boards to create, monitor, and prioritize continuous process improvement plans for a particular domain
- Software quality assurance, test coordination, and test execution
Responsible for leading the functional design, configuration, and support of applications with a primary focus on the global deployment of applications within HR and Time and Attendance domain.
Interacting with business customers, and upstream and downstream system owners to gather and define requirements.
Conductusecase analysis of the customer needs driving to functional design and data dependencies.
Engage with application designs, technical leads, and members in implementing the design through the agile delivery process
Write acceptance test cases and quality gate-check for functional releases
- 3-5 years of experience in business process analysis for IT projects, preferably aligned to the financial areas of a business
- Critical/structured thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of analytic tools such as data gathering and analysis, spreadsheets, flow-charting and process diagramming
- Active listening skills
- Quality assurance testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication, particularly interviewing and investigating skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Proven working experience in BPR project initiatives
- Experience in Organizational Change Management
- IT systems design
- Trucking/transportation IT experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications a plus
- Preferred with experience in writing SQL queries, data analysis, and validation.
Exposure to working with an international team(s) and agile models
Experience working with Web/Mobile/ API applications involving customers and business transactions
Exposure to JIRA/Confluence and other Agile tools
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.