CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Over the next few years, CRST The Transportation Solution will be implementing significant enterprise-wide system and software upgrades. In support of this project, and of future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team, located in Cedar Rapids, IA. We are seeking new IT skills and resources in the areas of help desk technicians, project managers, business process analysts, application administration, and software development. It is an exciting time to join an organization that is investing heavily into the future, come and is a part of something big!
Role Summary: Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and non-technical terms.
- The primary point of contact for all IT-related questions.
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and personal requests for technical support in a fast, friendly manner with the ability to explain technical situations to non-technical individuals
- Troubleshoot and support software and all approved software and hardware.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems and escalate problems to other support teams when necessary
- Follow SOP
- Document incidents/problems and clearly document the issue, troubleshooting steps are taken, and comments in an incident management system.
- Contribute to Knowledge Base Support documentation to aid in the resolution & fulfillment processes related to Incident Management & Service Request Management.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to frequent change, and work a flexible schedule
- Work with diverse groups and individuals to set goals, establish priorities, and solve complex problems.
- 1+ year(s) of Helpdesk Technician experience
- Ability to provide support to end-users on a variety of topics including Windows operating systems, Active Directory, MS Office, printers, mobile devices, and email issues
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of basic network components and concepts
- Mature, self-motivated, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving/analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as willing to follow directions and best practices
- Regularly demonstrates initiative in supporting the customer outside of expected job assignments
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task talking to customers while performing technical computer work.
- Two or Four-year degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience in a Technical Support/Help Desk environment.
- Previous call center, customer service, technical support experience
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.