CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
Division: CRST Dedicated Solutions East
Our Dedicated Solutions division is focused on service excellence to retailers and producers who need consistent, dependable, high-quality delivery services. We provide customers the flexibility of a private fleet, without the expense.
Hours: Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 9:00 pm
- Requires ability to use basic computer programs and is required to maintain professional written and oral communication with carriers, customers, and internal team members.
- Guards yard entrance gate to control traffic to and from the property.
- Open the gate to allow drivers to enter and exit the yard.
- Checks credentials and BOLs/Load information before admitting anyone to enter.
- Issues pass at own discretion or on instructions from superiors
- Directs visitors and drivers to various parts of the grounds/yard.
- Inspects outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of company load/trailers or products.
- May record the number of trucks or other carriers entering and leaving.
- Will monitor Company phone and 2-way radios to ensure adequate traffic flow across the yard.
- Responsible for updating the computer with trailer moves in-house and outside carriers.
- Answer in-house, mill, and outside carrier emails regarding equipment needs, load status, and trailer status.
- Responding and communicating to radio communications.
- Knowledge of mill products OCC, DLK, MIX, and Rolls.
- Load verifications, BOL, and paperwork completion and matching.
- Emergency communication with the control room when needed.
- Must maintain an intimate knowledge of Mill’s safety rules and regulations.
- Able to identify specialized trailers.
- Responsible for scale house inventory.
- Distributes and collects safety equipment from outside carriers
- Performs yard checks and updates Mill-specific computer applications
- Performs Scale checks for proper usage and accuracy.
- Assists with weight checks and compliance with CRST equipment.
- Maintains daily communication as to staffing levels.
- Creates and files reports and sends them to Mill, in-house, and outside carriers.
- Takes temperature on incoming drivers and asks Covid-related questions
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for its strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.