CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
CRST Equipment Solutions is actively seeking a Fuel Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA – Apply today!
Why You Should Pick CRST:
- Competitive Market-Driven Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (PTO, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Training, 401(k), Major Medical Insurance & Wellness Plan, Vision & Dental Insurance, and Parental Leave)
- Great Employees know Great Employees – Earn an extra $400 for referring your network to work at CRST!
- Dress for Success for the Day – Use your best judgment based on those you are interacting with.
Department Overview: The CRST Fuel department is focused on providing the various operating companies with a low net fuel cost by negotiating prices and discounts with suppliers, increasing fuel economy, lowering out-of-route miles, and ensuring adequate fuel surcharge coverage.
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the implementation of the fuel strategy to one or more CRST operating companies. This person will be responsible for reducing net fuel cost, by increasing fuel economy, reducing idle time, and improving purchasing compliance through working directly with drivers and Driver Managers. This position will also require the Advisor to present information to upper-level management, as well as work with other managers in the other CRST operating companies to achieve the goals set by the Fuel Department.
Job Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Analyzes KPIs to improve operating and financial performance for one or more of the CRST operating companies.
- Leads meetings on a weekly or monthly basis to update the leadership of the assigned operating company.
- Produce and distribute reports to show performance in key areas.
- Identifies problems through analysis, creates sustainable solutions, and influences key decision makers and drivers on operational improvement.
- Ensures that proper training is provided to operations personnel and drivers.
- Work with operations and drivers to reduce idle time and fuel stop compliance.
- Help develop and distribute authorized fuel stop lists.
- Answer fuel calls from drivers and operations.
- Work with the Fuel Director and the rest of the department on fuel strategy. Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: fuel economy, idle performance, out-of-route miles, fuel stop compliance behavior to network, and overall financial impact on the operating company.
Talent Qualifications & Requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED required
- AA or BA preferred
- Knowledge of Power BI or similar dashboard products preferred
- Above average skill in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical competencies
- Ability to adjust to new software products
- Attention to accuracy
- Ability to communicate and listen to people of diverse opinions and backgrounds
Did You Know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
Hiring Notice: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug test. For this position, CRST does not currently, nor in the future, provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.