CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Fleet Manager III
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
Shift: Sunday – Thursday 1pm to 10pm
Job Summary: The Fleet Manager is responsible for supervising daily driver activities and assigned equipment and working directly with the customer. This includes dispatching freight, load building, customer service, counseling drivers on safety and policy issues, payroll and billing, safety management, and other related activities. Service reporting and Customer Service directly with the customer.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the customer – will work on-site at the customer location.
- Develop strategic plans to reduce customers’ overall transportation costs.
- Cost management and P & L responsibilities.
- Driver Management – oversees the management and retention of 27 company drivers to include good driver morale, high level of service to customers, safety, and efficient and profitable utilization of equipment.
- Build and maintain a strong staff – develop bench strength.
- Work with KPIs to provide operational visibility to the customer.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Equipment – scheduling of all maintenance and repairs of all company-owned equipment.
- Provide on-time service to customers.
Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- 6-12 months’ experience in dispatch related role
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- AA or BA in relevant field required.
- Management experience preferred.
Did you know?
CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for its strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
The pay range for this position is $69,594 and $101,272. A final offer amount is dependent on factors including prior relevant experience, knowledge, and location. Typically, selected candidates are hired at a rate between the minimum and midpoint of the range. For roles that are commission or bonus eligible, your recruiter can share more details regarding the specifics of these positions.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.