CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Fleet Manager II
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
Our Dedicated Solutions division is focused on service excellence to retailers and producers who need consistent, dependable, high quality delivery services. We provide customers the flexibility of a private fleet, without the expense.
Job Summary: The Fleet Manager supervises and builds positive relationships with drivers. Their focus is to increase overall driver satisfaction and keep drivers on the CRST team. The Fleet Manager works closely with customers, and other CRST departments to meet company and safety goals for drivers and customers.
Schedule/Hours: Mon-Fri from 7am to 4pm
Day in the Job Preview: The Fleet Manager is a master planner and helper. You’ll be focused on managing schedules, loads, and making sure driving teams have the information they need to meet customer expectations. Your job is to help drivers stay organized, so they can work safely and on schedule.
Role Responsibilities: Each day you will be able to have variety in your work, some of the tasks you will be able to do include:
- Coach and manage a fleet of drivers to ensure on-time delivery performance and fleet profitability.
- Communicate customer needs to drivers.
- Act as the driver advocate toward internal departments to answer questions concerns, and resolve issues.
- Work closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives.
- Daily reporting of the number of drivers without a co-driver. Works with operations and recruiting to fill those needs.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment
- Previous coaching or management experience
- Basic computer skills
- HS diploma or GED
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.