CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is hiring for driven and hard working Driver Managers. You will be provided with eight weeks of paid training. This training is in a classroom setting, as well as "hands on" while shadowing and developing your skills. As a Driver Manager you are KEY to the success of our drivers and to our business. Successful Driver Managers thrive in a fast paced work environment, are problem solvers, and most importantly are incredible relationship builders.
Job Summary: The Driver Manager is responsible for managing and developing relationships with drivers to increase overall driver satisfaction and to improve driver retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and manage drivers or a fleet of drivers to ensure high on-time delivery performance and fleet profitability.
- Develop relationship with drivers to improve performance and encourage retention.
- Communicate customer needs to drivers through dispatch instruction.
- Review and authorize driver pay related items.
- Ensure driver and other transportation safety procedures are followed.
- Coordinate with Load Planning personnel to obtain loads that meet driver and customer needs.
- Act as the driver advocate toward internal departments to answer driver questions, driver concerns, and/or resolve issues.
- Maximize equipment utilization and driver pay.
- Work closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a related field required
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Previous management or coaching experience highly preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.