CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Field Maintenance Manager – Pacific Northwest
CRST Equipment Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Field Maintenance Manager in the Pacific Northwest US Region – Apply Today!
- Company-Supplied Vehicle
- Travel Expenses Covered
- Work From Home/Remote Opportunity
- Strong Safety Culture
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (PTO, Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, 401K, $400 Referral Bonuses & Parental Leave)
- Competitive Market-Driven Wages
Job Summary: The Field Maintenance Manager maximizes efficiency and profitability by inspecting the maintenance of equipment in CRST’s internal and external maintenance facilities.
Work Location: Must live in or plan to relocate to the Pacific Northwest US as this requires 50%+ travel to sites in this region. Remote/WFH when not traveling.
Looking for candidates living in OR relocating to the following states: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and/or Wyoming.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Owns the new business start-up from the maintenance perspective to include: Ensuring the readiness of equipment, pre-selection of maintenance vendors in an outsourcing situation, an inspection of third-party equipment, if applicable, in a fleet take over, and an on-site presence at the time of start-up to ensure the customers receives the best first impression.
- After start-up, perform an account evaluation process which would include: On-site equipment inspections, coaching of CRST Dedicated Services, Inc account managers in good maintenance practices, and establishing on-site small parts inventory to facilitate better CSA scores and reduce costs.
- Function as a vendor manager. While the Vehicle Response Team would continue to schedule trucks and process invoices, this position would establish the process for price negotiations with outsourced vendors to ensure the process of who will maintain the equipment and will communicate any special needs the account may have.
- Inspect, prior to replacement, any existing specialty equipment to determine the need to replace or potentially extend the life, if the condition is good.
- Own maintenance expense review with a heavy focus on solution creation at the account level, ensuring we have goals and business plans in place to drive out expenses in areas that have been identified.
- Travel to all of our current retreading supplier facilities to perform scrap analysis, and periodic retreader audits to ensure the quality of the product as well as compliance with established business processes.
- Perform fleet tire surveys to collect tire performance data, condition of tire assets that are currently in operation, and the execution of tire inflation policies to include tire application and matching criteria.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
- 2-3+ years of Class 8 maintenance experience is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of Class 8 tractor, trailer, and tire experience is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of supervisory, training, and management experience.
Did You Know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA but our influence is nationwide. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.