CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Environmental, Health, and Safety Intern
CRST The Transportation Solution is hiring for Internships!
Are you student looking to land an Internship for the Summer of 2024 where experience and fun are prioritized? CRST The Transportation Solution is a thriving and expanding private company in the Supply Chain Industry hoping to hire energetic and focused students. We are looking for students who can add value to our operations as you offer your critical lens into what we do well, while developing concepts around what we can do better! Our company has a positive and inclusive culture whereby we value each person and each voice, giving an ear to your solutions and ideas! Maybe you discover a more efficient way to design the delivery chain? Come on in, believe in your skills and apply them to help us out!
The CRST Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) department administers and implements the practical aspects of occupational health and safety policies for Team CRST to protect the health and safety of employees and the public as well as the environment from hazards associated with the workplace through collaboration with CRST leadership and the Safety Committees.
The EHS Intern will assist with the EHS Department’s focus on:
• Identifying potential hazards in the workplace or environment
• Evaluating risks associated with the various performed tasks
• Developing and implementing safety protocols
• Training employees on how to work safely
• Monitoring compliance with safety regulations
• Conducting investigations after accidents or incidents occur
This position is based in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the EHS Intern, you will:
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of safety procedures, job hazard analyses, and job safety analyses (SOPs, JHAs, JSAs).
- Conduct EHS compliance audits and inspections at the Cedar Rapids campus and recommend continuous improvements to the inspection templates. Coordinate supplemental inspections when new processes, equipment, or substances are introduced to the work environment or when new or previously unrecognized hazards are identified.
- Create safety bulletins as needed to support seasonal campaigns to increase safety awareness and compliance.
- Participate in reviewing emergency planning and response site-specific documentation. Test the effectiveness of the emergency plans through practice drills or mock exercises.
- Daily monitoring of the employee-submitted safety observations, assigning corrective actions to a responsible party, and follow-up on items dwelling past the due date.
- Participate in post-accident, incident, and near-miss investigations and root cause analyses to develop corrective actions to minimize recurrence. Develop post-incident enterprise-wide communications or bulletins to increase safety and hazard awareness.
- Assist with the ongoing development and promotion of the employee Safety Committees.
- Assist with the development and standardization of environmental compliance programs.
- Assist with the review and evaluation of new safety training materials for potential rollout to the enterprise.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to own a meaningful, real-life project within the EHS Department that can directly create a positive impact on CRST’s ongoing development, implementation, and administration of employee health and safety.
Competencies / Qualifications and Skills
- You want to gain real-world experience with real responsibilities.
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology.
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates.
- You enjoy building on what you’re learning in school.
- You’re ready to build the foundation of your career.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You are enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, safety engineering, environmental engineering, or similar field.
Don’t delay! Apply today and join TEAM CRST SUMMER INTERN 2024 where our operations motto is “if you bought it, CRST brought it.”
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.