CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Driver Services Manager
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
Shift: Monday-Friday 7am to 4pm
Job Summary: The Driver Services Manager is responsible for supporting driver recruiting and retention efforts by overseeing driver processes. The Driver Services Manager is also responsible for the weekly DSI orientation class and helping transition drivers from hire/orientation from their first load to 90 days with Dedicated East.
- Faciliate orientation, provide coordination between safety and operations for new drivers
- Act as an information source for new students and drivers.
- Manage the Dedicated Services weekly orientation class. DSM will make sure all new drivers attend classes on time and complete orientation. The DSM will address questions, concerns, or any training/orientation related processes.
- Monitor and track key action items/documents to hire drivers in a timely manner
- Plan and coordinate all new drivers in their transition from hire/orientation to being placed in a truck with a lead driver or co driver and introduced to their Driver Manager.
- Responsible for reducing the amount of drivers that leave before finishing orientation. The DSM will be tasked with creating a supportive and informative culture to help drivers be fully informed throughout their orientation process.
- Coordinate reimbursements for Drivers with Recruiting and Ops
- Gather feedback through interaction with students and drivers.
- Exercise personal ownership to the well-being of the Driver.
- Coordinate and facilitate transfers/reinstates for Dedicated East drivers
- Communicate issues as they arise to promote a timely response and resolution.
- Coordinate with Facilities Staff to ensure that students/drivers are at designated locations.
- Work with transportation (shuttle) team members to schedule and coordinate timely Driver transportation needs.
- Chair weekly meetings with operations, facility staff, and recruiting to provide update on issues and activities regarding students/drivers. Provide weekly summary to VP of Operations.
- Coordinate with Facilities Staff to create activities and sponsor events that supports a positive atmosphere.
- Create awareness for the driver referral program among new and existing Drivers.
- Update orientation pay and terminate drivers that were dismissed/bqc'd.
- Track key metrics related to onboarding- show rate, fall out rate, days to seated, days to revenue, ect.
- Monitor Workhound and act as a third party for drivers to hear concerns and drive improvement
Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- 1+ years experience in related role
- HS Diploma or GED required.
Did you know?
CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.