CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Driver Recruiting – Summer 2023 Internship
Driver Recruiter – Summer 2023 Internship
As an Intern inside of the Enterprise Driver Recruiting team, you will be a part of the high-energy and productive recruiting team. This summer cohort will receive hands-on training to learn the recruiting process and also be assigned a value-add project. The project scope will be designed to give interns the ability to flex their unique skills to solve real business problems.
There is no better time to experience the impact of providing lucrative career opportunities to talented individuals who keep the country moving forward.
- Duration: Summer 2023
- Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Compensation: Competeitve Pay
Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements and are ready to really immerse themselves in a summer of Cedar Rapids FUN! Applicants must be an undergraduate student (enrolled in undergraduate courses), during the summer internship, to participate in the Early Talent Program. Interns who successfully complete the Early Talent Program are considered for full-time positions within CRST upon graduation with additional benefits.
Let's walk you through what it looks like when your attributes meet the work:
Building relationships is a cornerstone for success. Big picture thinkers will solve business problems and see opportunities for improvement.
- The recruiting Intern is responsible for working directly with Lead driver recruiters to ensure daily productivity measures are obtained as well as providing project updates. They will communicate frequently with potential applicants and Driver Recruiters to keep them informed of the status of any applications they submitted for onboarding. Through building working relationships across the Enterprise, this role will provide visibility to various career paths at CRST.
- Act as a liaison with recruiter, applicant, and onboarding team.
Attention to detail and executing the prehire & onboarding processes to ensure a positive & efficient candidate experience.
- Review and process applications of a prospective hire and determine if the applicant is qualified. Complete background checks (inclusive of personal records), Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs), and Drive-A-Check (DAC) reports, pre-hire files, and paperwork on applicants.
- Maintain complete files on non-hired contractors, as appropriate
- Coordinate the ordering and cancellation of travel, schedule clinic drug screening and POET test for driver applicants, as required.
- Update the Student Management Tracking System (STMS), division tracker spreadsheets as required for all scheduled applicants with an orientation date submitted by the assigned recruiter
- We are looking to bring in interns that are comfortable navigating a variety of systems and the MS Office Suite as well as the desire for phone work and leveraging creative communication methods.
Interns must be enrolled in post-secondary education and able to work on-site in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for the summer of 2023.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.