CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Driver Manager – White Glove
CRST the Transportation Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Driver Manager to join our growing organization in Fort Wayne, IN.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Sarting Salary: $46,226.00
CRST Specialized Solutions division is the carrier of choice for customers requiring on-site, high touch, and specialized handling. We manage deliveries for a wide range of products for the tech, communications, electronics, and healthcare industries (and many more). Our experienced drivers safely load, unload, and set up products for consumers and companies.
The Driver Manager is responsible to communicate load assignments and all load requirements to the owner-operator and confirm the load is accepted. Will also handle financial discrepancies/questions for the owner-operator, maintain positive financial results for CRST, confirm the owner-operator is implementing all DOT safety requirements, and maintain customer expectations. Follow all customer required Sop’s, review with driver to provide flawless execution, to minimize claim exposure.
What you will gain: Our internal practices support the development of career paths and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. We also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a full benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, beginning after your first 60 days of employment.
- Track and trace all drivers daily to confirm transit is managed and update BOS
- Resolve service issues/recoveries and communicate to planners/bookers/customers
- Ensure that all customer requirements are fulfilled (SOPs are followed, service, van equipment, labor)
- Coordinate with planners on new load plans and if any service issues
- Update trailer and van equipment
- Provide all DOT documentation received in a timely manner
- Obtain all required paperwork for customer requirements
- Investigate and report weekly on all roadsides and accidents
- Issue monetary comps to drivers when deemed
- Review driver vouchers before sending them to processing
- Understand commission statements
- Work with driver to set up labor when needed
- Application of multiple customer tariff accessorial billable charges and the commission for the driver and CRST
- Investigate and respond to any accessorial payment discrepancies
- Manage multiple LTL and Truckload shipments at one time on a driver’s trailer to maximize utilization
- Assist in planning and recovery of labor crews in real-time
- Proven track record of successful performance
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and is loyal
- Develops self through continuous learning
- Strong communication skills
- Can adapt to load plan changes and communicate to the driver
- Multi-tasking skills critical for success
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA, but has nationwide locations. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.