CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Driver Manager – 2nd Shift
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
CRST Expedited Solutions Team. is in search of a self-motivated individual with great relationship-building skills to join their team as a Driver Manager.
Job Summary: The Driver Manager is responsible for managing and developing relationships with drivers to increase overall driver satisfaction and to improve driver retention. This position will work closely with the customer providing proactive communication regarding service. This role will also be responsible for executing the planning function and will also work closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives. This role is Monday – Friday, 3 pm – 11 pm.
- Manage a board of 20-30 trucks.
- Supervise on-time pick-ups, deliveries, routings, and other transit time factors.
- Work with the customer service and load planning departments to ensure the delivery of freight and driver concerns.
- Communicate directly with the customer providing delays, service failures, issues that may arise, or any other details necessary regarding our service.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of DOT regulations for over-the-road drivers including e-logs, permits, hazmat, weight restrictions, etc.
- Ensure DOT and company-specific safety regulations are being followed.
- Work with the Maintenance department to keep equipment moving and serviced at an optimal level of performance.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 1-2+ years experience in management/transportation preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- AA or BA in relevant field preferred.
Did you know?
CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
to apply please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.