CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Director of Safety and Compliance
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
Division Overview: Safety is at the core of everything we do at CRST. Our Safety team is focused on creating a safe workplace through awareness, accident prevention, compliance, and training. From our new hire orientation to recurring training, safety is vital to our success.
Role Summary: The Director – Safety & Compliance is responsible for leading a Safety & Compliance team for a specific CRST Division(s). This role collaborates with other leaders to develop and execute CRST’s enterprise safety and compliance efforts. The Director – Safety & Compliance is responsible for identifying and mitigating risk while directing CRST’s alignment with DOT, FMCSA, OSHA, and Federal/State/Local regulations. The Director – Safety & Compliance ensures Safety is at the core of all we do and develops executable plans to grow CRST’s culture of Safety through collaborative efforts across all departments and functional working groups.
- Continuously grow CRST’s culture of Safety.
- Develop strategic plans to advance CRST’s Safety, Compliance, and Training mission and vision.
- Lead and manage Safety, Compliance, and Training personnel
- Establish safety management controls to direct the conduct of all employees consistent with regulations and best practices relating to DOT, FMCSA, OSHA, and Federal/State/Local regulations.
- Lead and continually improve CRST’s compliance programs.
- Lead FMCSA audits and mock audits.
- Elevate safety awareness in the company, serving as a technical resource on compliance questions and as a speaker/participant in interdepartmental training and meetings.
- Serve as a corporate representative for applicable depositions.
- Develop Safety performance and award programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Leadership per company needs.
- Travel as required up to 25%
- 2-3+ years related experience within the transportation industry
- AA or BA in related field
- CDS required upon hire or will be obtained within 90 days of starting in this role
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.