CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Director – Internal Fleet Maintenance
Who We Are:
Our company’s journey starts and ends with the driver. Ensuring that our drivers and contractors have safe, reliable, well-maintained equipment to successfully deliver on their promises remains the mission of our company. This role is the visionary, the leader, and the partner to bring that mission to life.
What You’ll Do:
This role will report to the Vice President of Equipment Solutions and partner with Senior Leadership to continue and enhance the strategic vision for the internal maintenance team in a collaborative environment as we set the vision and build our strategy to ensure our drivers can get back on the road safely. You will lead 17 shop operations managers and 350 total indirect reports while partnering with our internal departments (Warranty, Parts, Operations, and Safety). Working closely with other departments and our external vendor network to ensure a cohesive effort of organization and equipment development.
You Will Be Accountable To:
- Manage shop utilization and provide direction to Service Managers at each facility.
- Collaborate with Operations Teams to maximize maintenance activities in the internal shop locations.
- Ensure shop strategic direction and operations are in line with the overall business unit, company goals, and values.
- Establish and ensure Maintenance KPIs are aligned with the overall corporate maintenance strategy.
- Participate in the hiring, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of employees & leaders within the department.
- Ensure each shop receives, understands, and follows all service bulletins and updates impacting shop performance and maximizing equipment availability.
- Prepare budget projections based on known and projected volume.
- Identify and plan maintenance capacity requirements. Determine the skill mix of technicians necessary to maximize shop efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Continually monitor shop repair data to identify opportunities to improve workflow or data tracking of maintenance activities.
- Ensure the shop is equipped to execute scheduled PM services, campaigns, pending work tasks, and manufacturer recalls.
- Be responsible for the overall condition of all shop facilities and the cost to maintain them.
- Be responsible for employee engagement, response to employee inquiries, and the general work atmosphere of the shops.
- Provide the shops with the tools and equipment to provide professional maintenance services to CRST.
- Improve efficiencies through implementing & utilizing technology, analytics, and other forms of collaboration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a maintenance leader with oversight of multiple work locations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness, success, and expertise in fleet maintenance requirements.
- Ability to show a thorough understanding and successfully execute complicated ROI justifications regarding equipment & asset improvement.
- Innovative and forward-thinking in both traditional maintenance techniques and processes as well as improving processes with technology and innovation.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Exhibited sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication with senior leadership, peers, technicians/mechanics, drivers, and suppliers.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced, changing environment.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.