CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Director – Driver Safety Support and Technology
Corporate Overview: CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is delivering promises and driving success so we can all have what we need to live and thrive. We need talented individuals to help us bring this vision to life.
Role Summary: The Director – Driver Safety Support & Technology is responsible for leading a department that provides safety support and coaching for CRST drivers, contractors, and driver support staff. The Driver Safety Support & Technology team is comprised of coaches, supervisors, and managers who serve as a direct point of contact for drivers, contractors, and driver support personnel. This role will serve as a critical decision-maker for continued enterprise efforts in building and maintaining a world-class safety culture. This role will ensure that the Driver Safety Support & Technology team effectively advises drivers and driver support staff on compliance questions, accident and injury intake, current road and weather conditions, and other safety-related concerns. This role will lead CRST’s efforts to maximize the effectiveness of its current safety technology while implementing improved technology to better assist our drivers, contractors, and driver support staff.
- Leads a department that
- Effectively coaches and mentors drivers on behaviors that need to be corrected and encouraged while operating a commercial motor vehicle or performing other duties.
- Develops relationships with drivers, contractors, and driver support staff to develop improved safety performance and encourage retention.
- Reviews events from onboard technology to use with effective coaching and risk mitigation.
- Stay current on effective coaching techniques and understands the data used to measure results.
- Ensure continuous improvement methodologies are used to remove waste.
- Manage relationships with current vendors and establish advantageous new partnerships.
- Serve as the primary liaison for safety technology between CRST and OEMs.
- Collaborate with Equipment Solutions to develop and execute a strategic road map for safety technology.
- Provide accurate analysis of data/trends as it relates to Safety technology investments and identify ways to continuously improve.
- Ensure professional development opportunities are provided for staff.
- Oversees performance management of department members including career progression.
- Provide in-depth guidance on compliance inquiries to executive staff and ensure understanding of business impacts for future decisions.
- Strategic analysis and root cause investigations in support of safety technology and programs.
- Travel up to 25%
- 3+ years leadership experience within the transportation industry
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.