CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Director – Carrier Sales
The Director of Carrier Sales is responsible for continuing to build and lead our Cedar Rapids, IA team of carrier sales employees who are responsible for sourcing all 3rd party capacity for CRST’s customer base. This individual will also lead and manage our organization’s relationships with our carrier/provider base, including overall performance, capacity, compliance, and rates.
Director of Carrier Sales responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the hiring, training, and development of carrier sales team members for Capacity Solutions.
• Create and drive a carrier development plan strategy that successfully allows the organization to meet its monthly, quarterly, and
yearly goals and initiatives.
• Drive and manage an effective carrier pipeline across your team to strategically expand our carrier portfolio.
• Targeted focus on further developing carriers to achieve core carrier status.
• Develop and implement initiatives to improve carrier sales productivity and overall carrier experience.
• Closely collaborate with Account Management and Sales teams to align with top customers to ensure exceptional service
performance; and expand our dedicated and contract volumes across the carrier portfolio.
• Help grow both contract and spot volumes with existing carrier portfolio. Develop relationships with a variety level of contacts
from carrier operations to senior leadership across your team’s portfolio.
• Foster a positive work environment; mentoring, coaching, and developing team members in order to provide opportunities for
growth; developing current and future leaders for the organization.
• Work closely with our third-party tracking providers to improve carrier compliance and grow our ELD network.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 5+ years’ experience in carrier business development, carrier operations, carrier pricing, and negotiations in a 3PL environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in a management role leading high-performance sales teams.
- An analytical approach to logistics planning that creatively solves challenges.
- Ability to make timely decisions in a complex environment under pressure.
- Results-oriented with the drive to grow within the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing unmatched customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a similar field of study.
This leader will need to be based in Cedar Rapids, IA. A full relocation package will be provided to those located outside of the area.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.