CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Diesel Mechanic Apprentice
Join one of the largest and fastest-growing, privately owned transportation companies in the US.
CRST is seeking a full-time Diesel Mechanic Apprentice in Cedar Rapids, IA to join us.
Job Schedule: Sunday-Wednesday (1:00 PM-11:30 PM)
Compensation: Starting Wages $17-$21/hr. (Paid Bi-Weekly) + $2,400/year shift differential *Based on Experience*
Our team enjoys the following perks:
- 4/10 Work Schedule
- $2,400/Year Shift Differential For 2nd & 3rd Shifts
- $100 Yearly Boot Allowance
- $300 Yearly Tool Reimbursement
- Company-Paid Tool Insurance
- Apprentice & Transitioning Military Toolbox Program Valued At $4,000
- New Hires + Current Employees Get $1,500 Each for Referrals
- Uniform Laundry Services
To get in contact with a recruiter, please text McCall Atwater at 319-440-1034 or email your resume to email@example.com.
Job Summary: The Technician Apprentice is responsible for general maintenance repair, preventative maintenance, regulatory inspection, and repair on a diverse fleet of tractors and trailers.
- Maintain written repair orders to include labor hours, parts used, and general comments.
- Complete written preventative maintenance inspection forms.
- Log in and out of repair orders in a computerized shop management system to include job codes, complaints, causes, and corrections for each repair.
- Work safely within the guidance of the company’s work rules and safety guidance.
Will Receive On-The-Job Training To:
- Diagnose and perform required maintenance services on fleet tractors and trailers.
- Perform tractor preventative maintenance services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Perform trailer preventative maintenance services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Operate basic shop tools including welders, torches, impact wrenches, band saws, scaffolding, ladders, and other equipment as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- General mechanical skills relating to Class 8 tractors & trailers
- Pass CRST background check and drug screen
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.