CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Diesel Mechanic – Apprentice
CRST Equipment Solutions, Inc. is seeking a diesel mechanic apprentice to be located at our shop in our Cedar Rapids, IA shop – Apply today!
Job Summary: We are responsible for general maintenance repair, preventative maintenance, and regulatory inspection and repair on a diverse fleet of tractors and trailers.
Job Schedule: Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat (1:00 PM-11:30 PM)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain written repair orders to include labor hours, parts used and general comments.
- Complete written preventative maintenance inspection forms.
- Log in and out of repair orders in a computerized shop management system to include job codes, complaints, cause, and correction for each repair.
- Work safely within the guidance of the company’s work rules and safety guidance.
Will Receive On-the-Job Training To:
- Diagnose and perform required maintenance services on fleet tractors and trailers.
- Perform tractor preventative maintenance services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Perform trailer preventative maintenance services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Operate basic shop tools to include welders, torches, impact wrenches, band saw, scaffolding, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
- Four 10 hour shifts
- Competitive market-driven wages based on experience
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Boot and uniform allowance
- Technician development plan
- High school diploma or GED is preferred
- General mechanical skills relating to Class 8 vehicles and trailers
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.