CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Over the next few years, CRST The Transportation Solution will be implementing significant enterprise-wide system and software upgrades. In support of this project, and of future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team, located in Ontario, CA. We are seeking new IT skills and resources in the areas of help desk technicians, project managers, business process analysts, application administration and software development. It is an exciting time to join an organization who is investing heavily into the future, come and be a part of something big! We are currently looking for a Desktop Technician, or a Senior Desktop Technician based off of skills and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and non-technical terms.
- Ensure successful daily user operations by responding to incidents, troubleshooting desktop issues, performing diagnostic testing and resolving desktop inquiries
- Accurately document support issues, activities and/or resolutions and communicate user feedback to managers and IT team members
- Monitor system changes, understand impact to end users and perform hardware and/or software installations and updates to desktop and/or laptop computers
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of IT procedures by identifying opportunities for improvement, sharing best practices and updating documentation as necessary
- Experience participating in small to medium size projects.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others to calmly handle critical situations with confidence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a professional demeanor and polished phone skills.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in an enterprise environment and the ability to multi-task
- Strong knowledge of current operating systems and software products.
- Team oriented
- Strong analytical skills are critical for identifying, troubleshooting and solving problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills (especially technical writing)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to mentor and transfer knowledge
- 1-2 years of experience supporting Windows 7/10 operating systems
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience – must have a cheerful attitude
- Microsoft Desktop Certified Technician, A+ certification or 2 years of desktop support experience (preferred)
- Active Directory/Domain oriented environment experience
- Associate degree (preferred)
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.