CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Dedicated Sales Director
Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA, CRST Dedicated Solutions excels at providing customized transportation solutions that range from turnkey dedicated contract carriage to complex private fleet conversions. The unique, customized offering from Dedicated Solutions includes any number of equipment types and modes, ranging from dry vans and reefers to complex unloads with specialized trailers. In addition to high-quality equipment and experienced drivers, Dedicated Solutions receives the support of the entire CRST organization to help customers manage fluctuations in business needs.
The Sales Director is responsible for developing business relationships with new prospects and active customers. This individual will also be responsible for cultivating dedicated leads through prospecting methods, including cold calling, discovery, and leveraging marketing campaigns. This individual will also be responsible for cultivating relationships with active customers based on thought leadership and creating strategic partnerships.
- Within a designated geographic region, prospect new Dedicated and Private Fleet acquisition opportunities leveraging CRST’s package of transportation solutions
- Generate new business opportunities that drive profitable revenue
- Understand customers’ supply chain and identify areas of opportunity for CRST
- Ability to develop and articulate a clear customer value proposition
- Serve as the initial and primary point of contact for prospective customers
- Develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Negotiate rates and contracts in CRST’s best interest
- Manage customer needs and balance them with the needs of the company
- Foster good communicative relationships with customers to enhance tactical conversations about proposals and pave the way for feedback
- Achieve/exceed sales goals
- Manage the Challenger sales process
Ideal candidates will possess the following Leadership Competencies:
- Communicates clearly and concisely to all levels – from front-line employees to senior executives
- Motivates others in the tenacious pursuit of financial results
- Supports positive relationships (internally and externally) for the benefit of the organization and inspires others to do the same
- Consistently interacts in a genuine, humble, and ethical manner
- Is a driving force in creating a high-energy environment that fosters and rewards team success
- Champions technology solutions to continue to move our business forward
- The ability to delegate responsibility and give others an opportunity to grow and demonstrate results
- Addresses even the most demanding conflicts in an open and straightforward manner
- Developing a culture of growth and development of people at all levels, and ensuring that a pool of talent will be ready to succeed him/her in the short or long term
- Takes steps to improve overall bench strength including assessing short-term and long-term staffing needs
- Demonstrated track record of success in identifying and winning new Dedicated business
- Strong command of the economic drivers of dedicated fleets versus purchased transportation
Qualified candidates possess a four-year college degree and at least 5 years of total Dedicated transportation experience, with at least 3 years in sales.
Our ideal candidate will be located within the eastern half of the United States. We are not hiring for this role in CA, CO, NY, or WA.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.