CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
We are building something unique and we want to add Software Engineers who are designing, creating, and solving business problems.
Over the next few years, CRST The Transportation Solution will be implementing the significant enterprise-wide system and software upgrades. In support of this initiative and building a solution for our future needs, we are expanding our personnel and adding new positions within our Information Technology team.
Does this sound like you?
A learner who wants to expand their skill sets.
Passionate technologist focused on digital innovation and new technologies.
Eager to build new products and experiment.
Team Worker who is curious and collaborative.
A professional who is comfortable working independently, as well as within a global team – Onshore/ offshore.
Of course, it sounds like you.
Putting those traits to use…
Understand data, code data pipelines across multiple data sources, revise data models and help solve problems by bringing the right data. Has a demonstrated ability as Data Analyst in business applications. Has a working knowledge of data/ database principles and practices. Works under the direction of a more seasoned software/ data leader. Can apply sound troubleshooting techniques and find/fix software/data bugs.
Database Developer Role Responsibilities:
- Living in or open to relocating to Fort Wayne, IN
- Passionate technologist focused on digital innovation and new technologies
- Be actively involved with the team to design and build new data solutions
- Develop a variety of data workflows, pipelines, and ETL processes
- Build and maintain data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data systems into enterprise data systems
- Architect, implement, and maintain infrastructure for the enterprise data lake and warehouse
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Database Developer Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering, etc.)
- 2+ years working as a Database Developer or Software Engineer building scalable applications with extensive experience with Python and Spark ; advanced SQL Scripting; SQL Server
- Ability to develop Spark jobs to cleanse/enrich/process/aggregate large amounts of data.
- Ability to develop Spark streaming / KSQL / KStream jobs to consume/produce data within Kafka.
- Experience with new feature design and development, standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Experience in identifying the most appropriate data store for a given use case.
- Experience in Agile, TDD-based project execution utilizing tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Exposure to Cloud Native development, Azure / AWS / GCP
- 3+ years working as a Database Developer
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience establishing and maintaining big data infrastructure within a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Continuous deployment and continuous integration
- Experience with processing near real-time data
- Experience with data profiling and data governance
- Experience with the following
- Apache Airflow
- Apache Spark (PySpark)
- Apache Presto
- Apache Hive
- Apache Ranger
- Apache Atlas
- Apache Hue
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives! #LIremote
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.