CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for meeting the daily, weekly, and monthly needs of their customers, as assigned by the Manager- Key Accounts. They will need to deliver results that meet the KPI’s measured by not only their customers, but also the Manager – Key Accounts and CRST Capacity Solutions. They will need to be able to adapt to a consistently changing and dynamic work environment in ways that bring value to their customers and CRST Capacity Solutions.
- Develop and complete competitive bid packages, RFP’s, and other reports relating to current and future customers of CRST with strong influence on competitive pricing and margin requirements.
- Develop relationships and grow revenues and margins with existing and new CRST customers.
- Serve as a negotiator/decision maker for CRST Capacity Solutions in regards to freight rates and freight capacity commitments.
- Serve as the primary day to day interface between CRST Capacity Solutions and their customer base. This may include, but not be limited to, such tasks as: Accepting/declining load offers…scheduling pickups and deliveries…handling required EDI updates…ensuring that needed power is secured for accepted loads…addressing customer concerns as needed.
- Work in concert with Outside Sales and Manager – Key Accounts to onboard new business and grow existing business.
- Resolve any conflicts as they arise in regards to customers, contractors, 3rd party carriers
- Understand customers’ shipping needs, quoting and negotiating rates with both the customer and carriers in order to find most efficient and profitable shipping option, order tracking and on-time delivery confirmation.
- Responsible for maintaining KPI’s provided by customers and the company.
- Participate in operational support as operational needs dictate.
- Carry out any other assignments as assigned by The Key Account Manager.
- Proven track record of successful performance
- Leads with integrity and operates with a moral compass
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and is loyal
- Has aspirations for future success
- Commands a professional presence
- Drives for results with an appropriate level of urgency
- Maximizes relationships, fosters collaboration and builds trust
- Communicates effectively – speaks with impact, listens and writes effectively
- Develops self through continuous learning
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We’re family-owned. We’re dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.