CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
CRST Equipment Solutions is actively seeking a Custodian in Cedar Rapids, IA – Apply today!
Why You Should Pick CRST:
- $13/hr starting wage
- Our benefits are designed with employees in mind. CRST offers competitive pay; major medical insurance, dental, vision, and a wellness plan; paid time off, parental leave, 401(k), life insurance, and short-term disability
Job Summary: The Custodian is responsible for maintaining a clean environment within the CRST corporate facilities.
Job Schedule: Sunday-Thursday (9:00 AM-6:00 PM)
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Perform janitorial services for the offices and premises of the CRST Corporate facilities daily using appropriate cleaning agents and following instructions for the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; replace light bulbs.
- Strip, clean, buff, and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors and shampoo carpets.
- Replenish supplies in areas where needed, including cleaning and stocking beverage stations.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools safely and properly, including buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high-pressure washers, high-speed buffers, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings; secure buildings when facilities are not in use check for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, and turn off lights.
- Remove snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within sixteen feet of buildings using hand-operated tools.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools on an incidental basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows and clean blinds.
- Launder cleaning rags and dust mops and assist with facility laundry when needed.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Participate in classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, and working relationships.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of student help.
- Previous custodial/janitorial experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to deal with variable situations professionally
- Exceptional time management skills
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.