CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
As a member of Team CRST, you have the opportunity each day to Deliver Promises and Drive Success for our customers, carriers, and team. As a Capacity Representative, you are responsible for linking 3rd party trucking company (also known as carrier) capacity to CRST customer freight. You will communicate with a wide range of carrier stakeholders (drivers, dispatchers, and owners) while you work to negotiate the best rate to pay a carrier to haul a shipment/load. You will own a region of the country in which you will develop and grow carrier relationships, learn, and stay informed on market conditions, and ensure that CRST customer freight is shipped and delivered on time with top quality attention to service.
- Assign 3rd party carrier capacity on all designated loads utilizing CRST’s Transportation Management System (TMS) and additional technology platforms (loadboards, digital freight matching, etc.).
- Proactively communicate with carriers on all loads set to ship, deliver, or in transit and update TMS to ensure customer service team is informed on status for service expectations.
- Upon shipment delivery, ensure all accessorial charges and any additional carrier costs are documented and updated in TMS to not cause any delays in accounting processes.
- Support Capacity Representative peers in assigning carrier capacity on loads outside of your region when they may be out of office or when additional support is needed in varying circumstances.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to ensure continuous customer and carrier support during off-business hours, allowing for 24/7/365 support.
- Stay informed on market trends and carrier costs through regular review of industry reports, publications, websites, etc.
- Develop and manage carrier relationships with a wide range of carrier stakeholders from drivers to dispatchers, and owners.
- Collaborate with Customer Service to ensure that you are aligned with the needs of the customer and all shipping/receiving locations and assign appropriate capacity to meet needs.
- Proven track record of successful performance
- Leads with integrity and operates with a moral compass
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and is loyal
- Has aspirations for future success
- Commands a professional presence
- Drives for results with an appropriate level of urgency
- Maximizes relationships, fosters collaboration and builds trust
- Communicates effectively – speaks with impact, listens and writes effectively
- Develops self through continuous learning
Did you know?
• CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
• We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
• CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA but has locations across the nation. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.