Summer 2024 Internship – Information Technology
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest privately held transportation companies. Powered by the expertise of our Solutions centers, we provide a broad array of transportation and logistics solutions.
CRST’s IT summer internship program is a great opportunity for first-hand experience in your IT field of interest. You’ll work on one or more projects that create value for our key internal and external stakeholders. The program would include exposure to leadership, professional development opportunities, support through a mentor relationship, volunteering, and (virtual) social events!
Internship positions may be in disciplines such as:
- Software Engineering – Application Development
- Enterprise Application Administration & Quality Assurance
- Infrastructure Operations & Support
Applicants must be an undergraduate student (enrolled in undergraduate courses), during the summer internship, to participate in the Early Talent Program. Interns who successfully complete the Early Talent Program are considered for full-time positions within CRST upon graduation with additional benefits.
What it takes:
- A rising senior or graduate college student with a major in Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 3.0 or above preferred
- Relevant work experience / internships / related activities (tutor, business fraternity, etc.) preferred
- Strong technical acumen and desire for a career in IT
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Able to develop alternative solutions and work well in individual and group problem solving situations
- Self-starter with high personal motivation and desire to take initiative and ownership
What You Can Expect:
- Learning and practicing quality assurance by completing application system testing
- Troubleshooting user issues
- Being part of an enterprise technology project
- Participating in planning and issue resolution discussions
- Working with a team of system experts with varying backgrounds and years of experience
- Gain hands-on experience with leading technologies in programming, scripting, or web development
- Work in an Agile methodology development environment
- Software Development for new features and new applications requested by the end customer
- Participate in status meetings and stand-ups
Our interns are a key source of future talent for entry-level IT careers!