CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What's Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
Assistant Market Manager
Job Summary: The Assistant Market Manager is responsible for assisting the Market Manager with oversight and management of an assigned market. Through effective relationship management with the customer, motor carrier partners and the corporate office, this position is accountable for ensuring excellence in the execution of all day-to-day operations. Compliance with all Company and customer policies and procedures must be enforced at each location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Market manager in all operational aspects of assigned Location.
- Assist in the coordination of load-out and ensuring everyone has assigned orders daily.
- Perform weekly inventory audit.
- Validation of weekly motor carrier partner pay.
- Address and resolve motor carrier partner questions and concerns.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day POD process including collection and weekly audit of documents.
- Point of contact for assigned stores for basic issues regarding deliveries from the store, when necessary.
- Identify, escalate, and execute on management-approved opportunities for increased productivity for the territory.
- Seek and solicit local independent motor carrier partners for contacting, operational standards, and cost efficiencies.
- Act as a liaison between local customers, warehousing partners, independently contracted motor carrier partners and the CRST Home Solutions Corporate Office. Exercise professional judgment and diplomatic approach to issue management and resolution.
- Builds company image within market by collaborating with carrier partners, customers, and management.
- Completes all assigned tasks in a thorough and workmanlike fashion. This includes timely return of phone calls, emails, and customer, partner, and internal inquiries.
- Creates a positive and professional work environment and leads by example.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all company and client information.
- Other duties as dictated by business need and assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail/Quality
- Business Acumen
- Computer Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making & Judgement
- Problem Solving/Reasoning Ability
- Standard – accountability and dependability; adaptability; communication; ethics and integrity; initiative/innovation; interpersonal skills; motivation; organization sensitivity; safety focus; and teamwork
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Certificate or degree from a college or other higher education institution is preferred
- Five or more years of logistics experience required
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.